The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
The college aims to graduate a generation of specialists with the ability to make use of desert lands to grow suitable plants and crops and increase the agricultural area. This year, the College will offer two academic programs:
The agricultural engineering and biological systems program, which focuses on studying the concepts of basic sciences in the fields of agricultural engineering, mechanization of agricultural processes, irrigation methods and systems suitable for modern desert private crops in reclamation areas, and the best way to benefit from the units of land and water under conditions of water scarcity and the abundance of new and renewable energy, as well as the establishment and operation Managing automatic service stations, processing and recycling agricultural waste, in addition to the concepts of biological diversity, methods of preserving natural resources, agricultural legislation and professional ethics related to the environment and human health.
The plant production program in desert areas, which focuses on two main tracks, namely, modern desert agriculture, as it focuses on studying the concepts of basic sciences in the fields of field and horticultural crops and applying appropriate agricultural practices in desert areas to increase agricultural production, achieve high quality and reduce losses before and after harvest, under the regulations Different productivity and environment while maintaining soil fertility and using agricultural resources and inputs with high efficiency to achieve an appropriate economic return, the second path- It is the cultivation of medicinal and aromatic plants, as it focuses on growing plants that are used in herbal remedies and traditional or folkloric medicines, or that are used in the form of raw medicines or plants that are used in the extraction of essential oils. The duration of study in the college is four years, after which the student gets a Bachelor of Agriculture.
To be recognized and recognized at the local, regional and global levels in the fields of applied agricultural science technology in modern desert areas, to meet the current and future challenges of sustainable development and sustainable development
Within the framework of the vision of the Faculty, the mission of scientific leadership is achieved through professional commitment to serve the community and the environment development to prepare graduates and cadres able to compete locally, regionally and internationally in accordance with the needs of the local, regional and international lobar market through providing outstanding programs, activities and services in education, applied scientific research , encouraging innovation and creativity and community and environmental service.
- Provide distinguished programs for undergraduate and postgraduate studies following modern learning methods that meet the requirements of the labor markets to face the contemporary trends with the development of teaching methods and training.
- Attracting outstanding students and qualifying them for labor markets in the fields of desert agriculture, arid areas and all other relevant areas.
- Developing the capacity of teaching staff and teaching assistants in teaching skills and teaching and learning systems.
- Developing the educational environment in the faculty while ensuring continuity.
- Development of cadres and research team’s distinct technological development to cope with the problems and requirements of the labor market.
- Accreditation of the faculty internationally to ensure continuous improvement of the quality of the educational process and its outputs as it works to increase their competitiveness domestically and internationally.
- Encourage the compilation and translation of books in the fields of special desert agriculture.
- Preparation of technical cadres to work in leading companies to provide technical consultations for the rehabilitation of laboratories in accordance with the requirements of international standards ISO 17O25.
- Expanding the use of the activities and services of the faculty to include the external community and develop mechanisms of communication with the concerned authorities in the field of community service and environmental development
- Updating and developing the functional structure of each of the faculty members and the supporting body and the administrative system in the faculty
- Supporting talented and creative students in different fields, and work to refine their skills.
- Scientific exchange between students of the faculty and students of the corresponding faculty at the local, regional and international levels
- Supporting the faculty with productive and educational units that serve the community
- Establishment and development of distinguished research groups that accompany the technological development to conduct specialized scientific research with adoption the idea of inter-research groups.
- Establish channels of cooperation and communication with government agencies, the private sector and related research centers both internally and externally to encourage scientific research in the fields of integrated agricultural production in desert areas.
- Allocation of places for agricultural and industrial companies and institutions to take the headquarters of interaction with the faculty and students and laboratories and cooperate to study the problems faced by different sectors of production and impede the development, and then work to provide solutions (Science stations).
- Leadership and excellence: By delivering best global practices using multiple learning and learning strategies adapted to local and regional needs. And the use of international professional standards in the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs.
- Quality: Providing high quality programs in accordance with international best practices and international standards of education in the fields of desert agriculture including agricultural engineering, modern agriculture, animal production with its various specialties, food technology, milk, human nutrition and agricultural biotechnology.
- Cooperate with other local and regional institutions and international universities through the establishment of integrated partnerships, cooperation with government, public and private sectors to meet their needs, work and education linkages, and capacity building of human resources serving the local and regional environment.
- Integration: Encourage the integration of students from different cultures and encourage students to integrate with the community through practical training programs and social activities.
- Innovation: Providing students with an opportunity to highlight their innovative abilities through collective academic activities and using modern learning methods.
- Self-development: Provide an opportunity for students to engage in lifestyle in a way that contributes to personal development and pave the way for them to succeed in the economy and knowledge society.
- Integrity, transparency, and trust.