The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
Would you like to secure a niche for yourself in the world’s job market?
Are you a fan of foreign languages and want to express them correctly?
Do you want to use your linguistic knowledge to be the basis for your future career and to make you the link between different cultures?
So, studying applied languages at the Faculty of Applied Languages is your right choice, as the study is based on scientific foundations and is supported by practical application and directed according to the needs of the labor market. This year, the college offers two programs in translation and interpretation, one for the English language and the other for the German language.
The academic contents are divided into the different languages sections on the three columns: “Language, Literature and Translation”. Thus, the college offers graduates who are experts in intercultural communication who can deal professionally with various translation situations, both verbally and in writing, and who are able to use the latest tools, techniques and software that a translator needs in his work. The duration of the study in the college is four years, after which the student gets a bachelor’s degree in applied languages.
The Faculty of Media Production aspires to be unique school at local and regional levels of preparing graduates with professional global standards in different types of media production, and to be an active research school addressing the challenges of media changes and the social, cultural, and political significance.
Based on theoretical and professional skills, Faculty of Media Production strives to develop study programs that prepare globally qualified graduates to fulfill changing media market needs who are capable of working in different media fields based on professional and ethical standards and scientific research.
- Continuous fulfill the needs of media industry of qualified graduates with up-to-date and professional skills and knowledge.
- Bridging the gap between the reality of the media industry and the consecutive developments in the region and the international arena.
- Leading university media studies toward market-oriented needs.
- Identifying current media problems and realistic solutions through scientific research.
- Keeping up with the latest developments in the mass media industry and media field of study in both curriculum and scientific research.
- Deepening students’ sense of social responsibility and positive response to community problems.
Mechanisms for Achieving Objectives
- Continuous renewal of the study bylaws every three years to allow the academic program updating according to the most recent industry needs.
- Emphasizing practical skills and updating labs to work with national and international standards of practices.
- Cooperation and scientific collaboration with top universities and outstanding research institutes.
- Emphasis on cultural and intellectual extracurricular student activities, which contribute to raise their awareness of current affairs.
- Support of cooperation with major local and international media entities to facilitate research that aims at challenging the problems faced by Egyptian media, and to make experiencing of industry practices available for students.
- Employment of outstanding media experts as Professors and Associate Professors of Practice according to the highest level of controlled criteria, like the American Universities. These experts will become full-time faculty members.
- Hosting professors and experts from international universities and media entities to keep contact with the most recent developments of theory and practices.
- Transparency and credibility: exchanging information and knowledge and Making them available to all affiliates of the Faculty namely students, academics and administrative staff.
- International Vision: embracing international experiments, ideas and experiences, the positive interaction with different cultures as well as encouraging cooperation with research centers and outstanding equivalent faculties.
- Equality and Equal Opportunities: enforcing laws and regulations without discrimination and ensuring everyone’s right to utilize the available opportunities.
- Encouragement of Creativity and Distinction: providing a scientific and practical environment that supports the cultivation of the creativity and excellence culture.
- Quality: committing to the highest scientific and pedagogic standards and continuous development of the research and educational process.
- Belonging: increasing students’ and staff’s sense of national belonging through boosting national spirit and placing public interest above all other considerations.