The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
The field of Engineering is one of the university's basic components, which offers many academic programs in addition to many centers of excellence. In its first year, the college offers two academic programs, namely energy engineering, which is concerned with preparing a generation of cadres specialized in typical energy resources such as fossil, water, nuclear, or new energy resources such as solar cells, wind energy, the interior of the earth, the sea, and biofuels. Graduates of this program are distinguished by the ability to design and supervise the construction of conventional and new energy production systems - monitoring the operation, control and maintenance performance of power system equipment - the ability to deal with energy systems and related information technology- - Keeping pace with the technological development in the field - Developing the analytical and innovative ability of students - Coordinating with different disciplines. The second program is water and environmental engineering, and this program (a program in civil engineering) is concerned with the provision and treatment of drinking water and irrigation, as well as sanitation networks and wastewater treatment techniques, taking into account environmental impact assessment, solid and toxic waste management, and finally solving problems in a sustainable manner. Graduates of this program are distinguished by the application of engineering principles to improve environmental quality - developing engineering solutions to environmental problems - promoting all aspects of environmental sustainability, including air, water, soil, and other environmental issues such as mitigating the risks arising from natural hazards - integrating knowledge, developing personal skills and building human capacities to achieve sustainable water and environmental resources - monitoring and understanding the consequences of human activities on the environment, taking into account the ethical implications of the proposed solutions. The duration of study in the college is five years, after which the student gets a Bachelor of Engineering.
An academically distinguished leading faculty locally, regionally and internationally merging computer science, computer engineering, and artificial intelligence into the scope of teaching, learning, and applied scientific research. It prepares graduates that lead the engineering, scientific, and technological community to serve the environment and community.
Create an academic environment that stimulates the discovering of new knowledge then applying, scattering, and marketing it. The faculty encourages creativity and innovation. It achieves Excellency by using modern educational methods. It develops its graduates’ abilities and skills to contribute to the knowledge economy while adhering to professional ethics and keeping pace with scientific and technological development. It encourages the culture of participation with the industrial community.
Preparation of knowledgeable, skillful, and professional outstanding cadres on regional and international level through the following:
- Presenting sophisticated educational programs and courses that attract Egyptian and international students.
- Encouraging the students’ scientific and technical skills, and participating in international competitions. Preparing students for future labor market on regional and international level.
- Making partnerships with international universities for offering joint scientific programs.
- Attracting industrial companies to share in integrating practical courses and supervise graduation projects.
- Granting the Faculty, the local and international accreditation.
Configuring the appropriate environment for scientific research through the following:
- Developing the appropriate environment for scientific research.
- Developing the competitiveness of researchers.
- Building and activating strategic partnerships with Artificial Intelligence companies and institutions.
- Upgrading the research quality and level through continuous interaction with community issues.
- Self-development of resources to enhance the Faculty research environment.
Development of community services through the following:
- Strengthening the Faculty role in presenting specialized scientific services and consulting to private and governmental agencies
- Strengthening ways of cooperation with companies and institutions that depend on artificial intelligence.
- Strengthening the infrastructure and interest for continuous development.
- Establishment of a consulting and community service center.
In addition to the values adopted by the University, the Faculty adopts the following professional values:
- Freedom of thought & Expression
- Respect for the Individual
- Social Responsibility
- Applied Research
Main Areas of the Continuous Development Plan
The main areas of the continuous development plan of the Faculty to continue excellence:
- Making partnerships with international universities to present Dual or Double Degree and achieve continuous students’ exchange.
- Preparing distinguished post graduate programs to increase the scientific research level and guarantee building of research capabilities of the students and the teacher assistants.
- Making partnerships with industry and community to offer innovative technological solutions that develop the Faculty surrounding environment.
- Encourage the entrepreneurship culture for students and establish technological incubators and emerging companies; and establish a community service and technological solution marketing center.