The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
The college aims to graduate a distinguished generation of specialists and engineers by offering distinguished academic programs that keep pace with the requirements of the labor market and support the country's trend towards digital transformation and activate the role of artificial intelligence technology and data science in line with the digital revolution and the development boom currently taking place in the country, and these programs meet the needs of the labor market through Strategic partnerships with major software companies, computer systems and research centers. The college offers two programs during the year, the first is computer engineering, which is concerned with preparing cadres capable of securing computer systems and networks, and differentiating between various IT security models and the risks associated with transferring and storing information. It is able to use the latest methods in designing and developing safe systems and discovering security holes and remedial methods. The program is also concerned with preparing cadres specialized in parallel computer programming, designing of distributed systems, and how to deal with and analyze big data distributed.
Finally, this program prepares cadres specialized in designing computing-based systems and how to deal with the distribution of the accompanying big data. On the other hand, the college offers a program in computer science that is concerned with preparing expert cadres in data science and dealing with big data to support decision-making, as well as cadres qualified to design and develop advanced software in various fields. The duration of study in the college is five years for the computer engineering program, and the student gets a bachelor’s in computer engineering and four years for the computer science program, and the student gets a bachelor’s in computer science.
The faculty of Engineering in King Salman University seeks to provide students, staff members and their contacts with a distinctive learning and teaching atmosphere that promotes the economic development of society.
To prepare an engineer who interacts with the needs of work and society and can keep pace with scientific and technological changes to meet the requirements of the community and the market locally and globally. The Faculty implements the latest learning strategies, research capabilities and administrative flexibility necessary to develop educational programs, establish research centers and consultancies in order to achieve sustainable institutional growth.
- To prepare graduates qualified in various fields of basic and human sciences at the level of bachelor's, master's and doctorate.
- To achieve excellence in the labor market
- To compete at the scientific, technical and managerial level
- To ensure coherence between the faculty, the community and the business community in service or contractual relationships
- To spread awareness in all fields of applied science to all official and public sectors of society.
- To ensure continuous and effective development of the educational and research process.
- To interact with the community and produce applied scientific research to meet the needs of the local and international community
- To adopt clear policies to market the results of scientific research.
- To attract global talent for technology settlement and transfer to produce research that qualifies for scientific leadership.
- To revitalize the dynamic relationship between education outputs and labor market requirements.
- To devote attention to professionalism, moral responsibility and inclusion of the need for continuing educational programs.
- To develop and modernize institutional capacity and educational effectiveness in accordance with TQM.
- To obtain the international academic accreditation of the University and its various entities and rise in local and international ranks.
- Responsibility: To uphold the highest moral, civil and responsibility principles, and to pledge to act fairly
- Transparency: To achieve transparency that promotes justice, trust, credibility and institutional accountability in the light of global humanitarian ideals.
- Quality: To provide high quality programs according to the best international practices and international standards of education in the fields of education and research.
- Self-development: To provide an opportunity for students to engage in lifestyle in a way that contributes to personal development and paves the way for them to succeed in dealing with the knowledge society.
The Education Framework
- Education and learning: The educational components of the Faculty of Engineering are integrated from the departments, laboratories, workshops and human resources existing in all the above in the undergraduate or postgraduate level. The Faculty of Engineering offers specialized programs and interfaces to be relevant to economic and industrial activities in the surrounding geographical area. Through the center of education, the College seeks to fill the educational gaps measured for students as well as to meet the needs of programs in certain areas.
- Quality: The process of education and learning support systems to ensure quality on all educational activities of the study and evaluation and research and management and provide options for management intervention to improve performance.
- Curriculum: The programs are dynamic to meet the needs of the society at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Quality system tools should be integrated with their questionnaires and feedback measures from stakeholders on the decision to establish or maintain the program.
- Diversity and choice: The educational track based on the student's credit hours allows for several choices in one of the fields to focus on one of his specialization tracks. The teaching track of the College of Engineering ends with a bachelor's degree or a master's degree
- Interdependence: The programs offered by the Faculty of Engineering are in line with the requirements of the Supreme Council of Universities and the Engineering Sector regarding the credit hours. These programs are also calibrated with ECTS