The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
The Faculty of Technological Industries at King Salman University seeks to have an effective contribution via graduating outstanding technologists to continuously upgrade the industrial sector. The Faculty also seeks to be an expertise hub that contributes to solving the problems of the industry and developing it, conducting technological research, serving the surrounding environment and developing it in the Faculty's specializations.
The Faculty of Technological Industries at King Salman University aims to graduate technologists capable of understanding and assimilating modern technology and technically qualified in academic programs for public works, refrigeration and air conditioning, production lines and precision equipment technologies. This will continuously upgrade the level of graduates to solve technological problems in the workplace and production sites.
Within the framework of community service and environmental development, the Faculty seeks to prepare specialists and leaders in the technology sector and contributes to solving and developing industry problems. The Faculty also exchanges experiences and information with authorities and institutions concerned with Egyptian, Arab and international technology and assists in dealing with common issues.
- To prepare specialists in technology with integrated theoretical and practical knowledge in the Faculty specializations.
- To prepare specialists and leaders in the technology sector.
- To conduct research and studies in the specialization fields of the Faculty.
- To exchange experiences and information with institutions concerned with Egyptian, Arab and international technology and help in addressing common issues.
- To provide expertise and advice in the specialization fields of the Faculty.
- Solving and developing technology problems.
- To contribute to the service and development of the surrounding environment.
- To instill comprehensive knowledge of different aspects of specialization to allow for keeping up with technological developments.
- To entrench logical thinking; the ability to take stances and come up with different alternatives; to act decisively and confidently, and acquire the ability to innovate and work in a team.
- To have high verbal and written communication skills, besides excellent skills to acquire, organize and display information, especially using information technology.
- To always search for the best solutions, take initiative, and participate in social and cultural change
- Motivation for lifelong learning and continuous cultural development.
- Leadership and excellence: By providing best global technological practices using multiple teaching and learning strategies adapted to local and regional needs. Use of international professional technological standards in the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs.
- Quality: Providing high quality technological programs in accordance with best international practices and international standards for technological education in business.
- Integration: Cooperation with other local, regional and international institutions through the establishment of integrated partnerships, cooperation with the government and the public and private sectors to meet their needs and achieve linkage between work and education, and building the capabilities of human resources serving the local and regional environment.
- Merger: Encouraging students to mingle with their peers from different cultures, and to integrate with the community through practical training programs and social activities.
- Innovation: Providing students with an opportunity to highlight their innovative abilities through collective academic activities and the use of modern learning methods.
- Self-development: Providing the students with an opportunity to engage in live activities, in a way that contributes to their personal development and Helps them succeed in the knowledge economy and society.
- Integrity, transparency, and trust.
The Education Framework
The educational components of a Faculty of Technological Industries share the same resources; infrastructure, laboratories and workshop equipment, human resources and quality assurance system. The Faculties of Technological Industries thus offer more economical and effective alternative to separate educational entities. The technological specializations covered in a typical Faculty of Technological Industries are usually selected to be relevant to the economic and industrial activities in the surrounding geographical zone.
The Educational Model for the Faculties of Technological Industries consists of an education path offering a double educational title (Diploma and Bachelor degrees) by the end of each stage.
The educational model of the Faculty of Technological Industries includes two educational entities that share human and material resources:
- Stage 1 of Higher Diploma of Technology
- Stage 2 of Bachelor of Technology
Such model realizes the integration between the different stages of technical education leading to a Bachelor of Technology degree after completion of the 2nd stage. The durations of the education process in the 2 stages are:
- 2 years in the 1st stage of the Faculty of Technological Industries.
- 2 years in the 2nd stage of the Faculty of Technological Industries after completion of the 1st stage.
To assure that the credit system adopted in the Faculty of Technological Industries complies with the requirements of the Supreme Council of University decision and the ECTS or ACS.
A typical semester of 15 weeks will have with typical weekly workload during the 15 weeks of the semester is 48 hours divided to:
- 10 hours of direct faculty instruction
- 18 hours of or laboratory or workshop
- 20 hours of additional individual academic work
The learning module is intended as a program unit of contents and learning outcomes clustering professional, theoretical, practical and general competences and knowledge.