KSIU Cooperates with Distinguished Universities in KSA
Wednesday, September 14th, 2021.
H.E Dr Khaled Abdel Ghaffar, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and H.E. Dr Hamad bin Muhammad Al-Sheikh, Saudi Minister of Education.
During the meeting, areas of cooperation between King Salman International University, King Abdelaziz University, and Tabuk University in KSA were reviewed.
The cooperation has a direct impact on the following fields: Tourism and Hospitality, Desert Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Administrative Sciences, Alternative and Renewable Energy.
The cooperation agreement between King Salman International University, King Abdelaziz University, and Tabuk University in KSA included:
- Establishing a joint research centre between the two universities in the field of marine biotechnology and desert agriculture.
- Forming research groups and conducting joint research between the faculty members of the two universities.
- Exchange of arbitration regarding research, scientific promotions, research proposals, and academic programs between the two parties.
- Holding joint seminars, workshops, and conferences between the two sides.
- Launching joint master’s programs between the two universities.
- Activating the joint teaching of some academic programs between the two sides.
- Activating the exchange of faculty members between the two sides as a speaker guest.
- Providing seats and research grants for teaching assistants at King Salman International University to study in master’s programs at the University of Tabuk. ·
- Holding short training courses at King Salman International University for the employees of the University of Tabuk, including faculty members, researchers, and students.
- Activating and holding individual meetings between the deans of faculties in the two universities to discuss ways of cooperation in academic disciplines.
- Establishing a Center of Excellence at King Salman International University in cooperation with the Saudi side.